On Sunday, 13 July 2014 at 01:53:10 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
On 7/13/2014 3:54 AM, Israel Rodriguez wrote:

The linker errors do not refer to libcolorize. Notice this: "_D4dlib4math6matrix". That is a dlib.math.matrix module. Is that a source module in your project or something from another library? If the former, you need to be compiling it along with your main.d. If the latter, you need to be linking with that library. However, I recommend you avoid using dmd on the command line for now and just use dub to manage your project (see below).

This has nothing to do with the json generated by DMD. It's referring to a dub.json which is a project configuration file for dub. If you create a dub.json, then you can run "dub" or "dub build" in your project directory and it will automatically compile all of your source modules and make sure that all of your dependencies (such as libcolorize) are downloaded, compiled and link. It's a complete build and package management system. You don't need to download your dependencies manually or compile from the command line if you are using dub. You can read more about the dub.json format at [1].

[1] http://code.dlang.org/package-format

Awesome thanks. Sorry about that linker error, i copied and posted the wrong error from a previous compile trial. Anyways i managed to fix my problem and my static libraries now compile without errors.

I will play with dub a little bit more. Thanks. I just thought i would learn from the beginning compiling and linking manually within the terminal. I had no idea dub could do all that for me.

What about the dub libraries, what kind of errors do you get if you try to use a library not compatible for your system, say OSX or Linux? Im assuming the same linking errors but im not sure.