On 17/10/14 07:38, maarten van damme via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
While d can be complex, there's nothing preventing you from starting out
simple and not using all features at first.
I don't understand why it's not suitable for a beginner if you use this
approach...

For some reasons, in my view: A beginner has to learn programming in addition to a first lang. A beginner has to learn a first lang in addition to programming. We learn languages by understanding valid, meaningful input, ie here reading code. All static langs introduce tons of complication only due to their "staticity". D is rather big & complex, in the field of static langs. Most code will use more than a theoretical minimal set of features. And this minimal set is far more in size, difficulty, complication than in langs partly designed for ease of learning (Lua, Python, Scheme...). Even plain C is far more difficult than say, Lua.