On Monday, 14 September 2015 at 13:05:32 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
On Monday, 14 September 2015 at 12:30:21 UTC, Fredrik Boulund wrote:
[...]

Also if problem probabily is i/o related, have you tried with:
-O -inline -release -noboundscheck
?

Anyway I think it's a good idea to test it against gdc and ldc that are known to generate faster executables.

Andrea

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm not too familiar with compiled languages like this, I've mainly written small programs in D and run them via `rdmd` in a scripting language fashion. I'll read up on what the different compile flags do (I knew about -O, but I'm not sure what the others do).

Unfortunately I cannot get LDC working on my system. It seems to fail finding some shared library when I download the binary released, and I can't figure out how to make it compile. I haven't really given GDC a try yet. I'll see what I can do.

Running the original D code I posted before with the flags you suggested reduced the runtime by about 2 seconds on average.