On Monday, 14 September 2015 at 13:50:22 UTC, Fredrik Boulund wrote:
On Monday, 14 September 2015 at 13:05:32 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm not too familiar with compiled languages like this, I've mainly written small programs in D and run them via `rdmd` in a scripting language fashion. I'll read up on what the different compile flags do (I knew about -O, but I'm not sure what the others do).

Unfortunately I cannot get LDC working on my system. It seems to fail finding some shared library when I download the binary released, and I can't figure out how to make it compile. I haven't really given GDC a try yet. I'll see what I can do.

Running the original D code I posted before with the flags you suggested reduced the runtime by about 2 seconds on average.

what system are you on? What are the error messages you are getting?