On Thursday, 31 December 2015 at 07:48:03 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Thursday, 31 December 2015 at 02:37:07 UTC, sanjayss wrote:
OK; one way I realized was to put the network socket select in one thread and the watching for keypress in another thread and then use the concurrency primitives to message pass events to the main thread -- may be a little expensive, but it probably will achieve the effect I desire.

Here is my implementation of this idea:

https://github.com/CyberShadow/ae/blob/master/net/sync.d

Thanks, Vladimir...though I didn't fully understand your code example, it gave me the idea to use delegates to capture one of the socketpair sockets for use in a thread where I could write to it and read the other socket to read from in the main task. Just beginning to use D and am getting used to the various features...