On Sunday, 17 January 2016 at 14:43:26 UTC, Borislav Kosharov wrote:
Seeing that TickDuration is being deprecated and that I should use Duration instead, I faced a problem. I need to get total seconds like a float. Using .total!"seconds" returns a long and if the duration is less than 1 second I get 0. My question is whats the right way to do it. Because I saw that TickDuration has a to!("seconds", float) method, but Duration doesn't have one. I can convert Duration to TickDuration and call to but seeing that its deprecated makes me think there is a better way.

Why not just use a smaller granularity for Duration.total and convert the result?

duration.total!"nsecs" / cast(float) 1e9