On Tuesday, 19 January 2016 at 14:07:50 UTC, Borislav Kosharov wrote:
On Monday, 18 January 2016 at 12:46:31 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
[...]

I want to use float time in a game where I call the update method passing the delta time as float seconds. It's more easy to multiply the dt with a speed constant meaning how much the object will move after 1 second. Such float delta time is used in many game engines and it's somewhat standart way of doing it. Also the method you wrote returns a string and I need a float to multiply it with a number.
Thanks for the reply anyway

Checkout out how DSFML handles this.
You simply pass around a Clock object that you can restart every frame using

clock.restart();

You then call your update function with update(Clock.getElapsedTime()); Then in each objects update(Time t) method you just get the time in whatever unit you want. Works pretty well.

http://www.dsfml.com/