On Thursday, 25 February 2016 at 14:42:14 UTC, Thalamus wrote:
your entry point.

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for responding so quickly! I had found that wiki page before and I'd been following the "DLLs with a C Interface" section closely. I had forgotten to add -shared when building the DLL, but the behavior didn't change when I added it. So, I added a call to Runtime.initialize() as the first line of the endpoint I'm exposing. (I also made sure that this was the only endpoint invoked and that it was only invoked once just to be cautious.) I can see Runtime.initialize() being called, but the Class A shared static constructor still is not called when run from the C# EXE.

Do you have any other ideas?

In the meantime, I'm working on putting together a minimal repro source, but the scenario is a bit complicated so there's a lot of details to whittle away.

thanks!
Gene

You shouldn't be calling Runtime.initialize() manually. Just do the following in one of your source files:

import core.sys.windows.dll;
mixin SimpleDllMain;

This will generate a DllMain that will correctly initialize and deinitialize druntime.

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut