On 03/17/2016 09:32 AM, Jeff Thompson wrote:
On Thursday, 17 March 2016 at 11:27:01 UTC, Rene Zwanenburg wrote:
On Thursday, 17 March 2016 at 10:11:43 UTC, Jeff Thompson wrote:
This is a simplified example from a larger class I have where I need
an immutable constructor. This is because I need to construct an
object an pass it to other functions which take an immutable object.
So, how to keep an immutable constructor?

In that case, new immutable C() should work I believe. Also, if you
mark the constructor as pure, new C() should be implicitly convertible
to an immutable C.

new immutable C() worked! Thanks for the insight.

In case it's useful to others, I have qualified constructors covered at the following link (without the compilation error that you've faced but still pointing out the fact that the mutable constructor may be called unintentionally):

http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/special_functions.html#ix_special_functions.qualifier,%20constructor

Ali