On Friday, 27 May 2016 at 08:20:02 UTC, Era Scarecrow wrote:
Anyone with inline assembly experience who can help me out a little? 2 add instructions shouldn't cause it to hang...

Hmmm it just occurs to me I made a big assumption. I assumed that if the CPU supports 64bit operations, that it would be compiled to use 64bit registers when possible. I'm assuming this is not the case. As such the tests I was doing will probably be of little help _unless_ it was X86_64 code, or a check that verifies it's 64bit hardware?

Does this mean the 64bit types are emulated rather than using hardware?