On Thursday, 9 June 2016 at 22:02:44 UTC, Joerg Joergonson wrote:
On Tuesday, 7 June 2016 at 22:09:58 UTC, Alex Parrill wrote:
Accessing a SQL server at compile time seems like a huge abuse of CTFE (and I'm pretty sure it's impossible at the moment). Why do I need to install and set up a MySQL database in order to build your software?

Lol, who says you have access to my software? You know, the problem with assumptions is that they generally make no sense when you actually think about them.

By "I" I meant "someone new coming into the project", such as a new hire or someone that will be maintaining your program while you work on other things.

In any case, this is impossible. D has no such concept as "compile-time-only" values, so any usage of a value risks embedding it into the binary.