On Tuesday, 7 June 2016 at 22:09:58 UTC, Alex Parrill wrote:
Not necessarily, You chased that rabbit quite far! The data your reading could contain sensitive information only used at compile time and not meant to embed. For example, the file could contain login and password to an SQL database that you then connect, at compile time and retrieve that information the disregard the password(it is not needed at run time).

Accessing a SQL server at compile time seems like a huge abuse of CTFE (and I'm pretty sure it's impossible at the moment). Why do I need to install and set up a MySQL database in order to build your software?

Just mount a filesystem that uses an SQL database as storage (query can be encoded in file path) and you have it.
Whether it's a good idea is another story.