On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 at 15:08:29 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 at 14:54:25 UTC, Adam Sansier wrote:
Um, because that's the way they were defined! So your telling me that D is going to make me mark every member align(n) when C++ has a global pragma align that does it for all in the scope?

This is trivial, just add it to the bindings.

:s/struct \(.*\) {/struct \1 {\ralign(1):

It's not trivial, a global modifier similar to pragma(align(n)) would be trivial.

Your method makes many assumptions that may not hold. What if the struct is templated(possible), what if it has comments after struct and before {, etc? It's a hack that is not a solution. The proper solution is to have a way to properly specify that a struct has all members aligned without having to specify it on all members or per struct.