On Sunday, 21 August 2016 at 20:36:54 UTC, Engine Machine wrote:
On Sunday, 21 August 2016 at 19:42:08 UTC, Lodovico Giaretta wrote:
[...]

You're right. I didn't realize that variables could be shadowed in classes. Seems dangerous. D doesn't allow shadowing in a normal context and gives an error so I don't know why it wouldn't do that in classes. (since it wasn't giving an error I thought it wasn't shadowing)

You are right. It is very bad. But as far as I know Java and C++ allow this too. I will open an enhancement request (if there's none about this), to gather some feedback on the matter.