On Monday, 31 October 2016 at 16:55:51 UTC, WhatMeWorry wrote:

Is there a way to turn off nothrow or work around it? Because to me it looks like nothrow prevents me from doing anything useful.

extern(C) void onKeyEvent(GLFWwindow* window, int key, int scancode, int action, int modifier) nothrow
{
    if(queue.roomInQueue())
    {
        auto event = new Event;
        event.type = EventType.keyboard;
        event.keyboard.key = cast(Key) key;

        // etc.
}

Error: function 'event_handler.CircularQueue.roomInQueue' is not nothrow Error: function 'event_handler.onKeyEvent' is nothrow yet may throw

The compiler wouldn't let me just remove "nothrow" from the function. I tried a kludge where I had this function just pass all its parameters to another throwable function, but this caused errors as well.

So I'm stuck.  Anyone know how to proceed.
Thanks.

Wrap a body of the function to try {} catch {} and it'll work.