On Thursday, 23 February 2017 at 16:01:44 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
Is there any way to get a reference/alias to the instantiation of a template function that would be called, given certain parameters? I.e. to get the result of whatever template parameter inference (and overload resolution) has occurred?

E.g. for some arbitrarily complex foo:

static assert(__traits(compiles, foo(3)));
alias fooWithInt = someMagic(foo(3));

so if foo was `void foo(T)(T t) {}` then `fooWithInt` would be `foo!int`, but if it was `void foo(Q = float, T = long)(T t)` then `fooWithInt` would be `foo!(float, int)`

I don't believe so, because foo(3) is a value (void), not a type like foo!int would be. You can't get it back after you've called the function. You would have to do something like:

alias fooWithInt = someMagic!foo(3);

Where someMagic constructs the alias to foo!int based on the type of arguments passed, or something like that.