Some utilities of my game engine needs a two-way "dictionary", mainly for increasing the readability of configuration files, but I was thinking on letting the end-user to use it for certain things and I don't want to recreate the encode/decode/load from SDLang file functions every time I have to use a similar thing. Currently I need to use it for int<->string conversion only (key names, button names, axis names, etc.), in the future I might use it for even more purpose (language files are planned to use XML due to the possibility of using UTF16, as the engine's native character handling is using it, not to mention the easier formatting via markup).

How can I make use of T? I've seen it being used many times for this application.