On 6/19/17 5:45 PM, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
On Monday, 19 June 2017 at 21:35:56 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
IIRC, Tango did not depend on libc at all. It only used system calls. So it certainly is possible.

How did they invoke those system calls? They are usually access via libc on POSIX systems, so you don't have to implement accessing e.g. vdso on Linux yourself.

I may have misspoke. I mean they didn't depend on the library itself. I think they do depend on the C wrappers.

So for instance, they didn't use FILE *, but instead used read/write/recv/send.

I don't know what's involved in creating those wrappers, but I can't imagine it's difficult to do with D (it's probably actually easier than in C/assembly).

-Steve
  • libc dependency Honey via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: libc dependency Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: libc dependency Honey via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re: libc depende... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • Re: libc dep... Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • Re: lib... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-learn
                • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
                • ... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • Re: lib... Nemanja Boric via Digitalmars-d-learn