On Monday, 19 June 2017 at 23:29:46 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I don't know what's involved in creating those wrappers, but I can't imagine it's difficult to do with D (it's probably actually easier than in C/assembly).

Not difficult, but a tedious amount of work for no inherent benefit: You would have to recreate the correct system call calling semantics for every operating system / hardware combination that D is supposed to run on. I suggest reading [1] and [2] to get a feeling of the workload *just* for Linux. My unsolicited opinion: Unless someone pays you (for whatever reason) to explicitly not use a libc, just use a well tested libc for system calls and be done with it.

[1] http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/syscalls.2.html
[2] http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/vdso.7.html
  • libc dependency Honey via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: libc dependency Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: libc dependency Honey via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re: libc depende... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • Re: libc dep... Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • Re: lib... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-learn
                • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
                • ... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • Re: lib... Nemanja Boric via Digitalmars-d-learn
              • Re:... Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d-learn
                • ... Nemanja Boric via Digitalmars-d-learn
                • ... Nemanja Boric via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • Re: libc dep... Honey via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • Re: lib... Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-learn