Without them crashing the app running them? Say by wrapping with try / catch?

You can assume that I've limited the opcode addresses to the program and/or the data section which I'll try to put right next to the code.

Reason is so I don't have to make my own VM.

I want to mutate computable functions in a genetic-algorithm style, so in order to include the full space of computable functions I need a full programming language, or a VM that includes conditional jump instructions.

The purpose of it is to make a real-time, short-lived function predictor.