On Tuesday, 8 August 2017 at 09:31:49 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:
On Tuesday, 8 August 2017 at 09:21:54 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
On Tuesday, 8 August 2017 at 09:17:02 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know how to specify dmd or ldc compiler and version in a json dub file.

Thanks in advance.

You can't [1]. You can specify the compiler to use only on the dub command line via `--compiler=`.

[1] https://code.dlang.org/package-format?lang=json

How do you distribute packages with specific compiler dependencies? I guess I could write it in the readme.

If your code depends on capabilities of a specific D compiler, I wouldn't depend on build tools for that, I'd make it clear in the source code via conditional compilation [1]:

---
version (DigitalMars)
else version (LDC)
else
{
    static assert (0, "Unsupported D compiler");
}
---

There's no equivalent for the frontend version, though AFAIK.

If it's not your code that needs something compiler specific, but you just want to control which is used, don't use dub as a build tool, use another (cmake, meson, write your own compilation "script" in D), and set it's invocation as a prebuildcommand in the dub package file (make sure dub's source file list is empty).

[1] http://dlang.org/spec/version.html#predefined-versions