On Tuesday, 8 August 2017 at 09:51:40 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
If your code depends on capabilities of a specific D compiler, I wouldn't depend on build tools for that, I'd make it clear in the source code via conditional compilation [1]:

---
version (DigitalMars)
else version (LDC)
else
{
    static assert (0, "Unsupported D compiler");
}
---

There's no equivalent for the frontend version, though AFAIK.

If it's not your code that needs something compiler specific, but you just want to control which is used, don't use dub as a build tool, use another (cmake, meson, write your own compilation "script" in D), and set it's invocation as a prebuildcommand in the dub package file (make sure dub's source file list is empty).

[1] http://dlang.org/spec/version.html#predefined-versions

Many thanks!