On Tuesday, 5 September 2017 at 07:32:24 UTC, EntangledQuanta wrote:
I would like to use D as a "scripting" language for my D app. There seems to be no such thing.

Since we can include the D compiler in our distribution, it is easy to enable "plugin" capabilities, but directly interfacing with the source code seems like it would require a bit of work(duplicating the code that one wants to include so it can be linked in and "hot swapping").

Which OS do you use? I had a similiar idea but failed on windows due to some strange effects. I think they were caused by the known windows dll unload bug, discussed here: http://forum.dlang.org/thread/rreyasqnvyagrkvqr...@forum.dlang.org

At the end I decided to use the script engine from Adam Ruppe (arsd) until this bug is fixed.

Kind regards
André