On Sunday, 3 December 2017 at 22:22:47 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran wrote:
Git CLI is arcane and esoteric. I've lost my commits before (yeah, my mistake).

Who hasn't ;)
Happened to me last time because i tried a command supposed to remove untracked files in submodules...but used "reset" in a wrong way... ouch.

Since then I always access git via mercurial. In comparison Mercurial is far better a VCS tool.

I use git gui (i find other GUIs slower even if nicer) but even...there are few commands to know:

- checkout /*select a branch or a commit in the history*/
- commit /*validate changes*/
- pull /*get upstream changes*/
- push /*send upstream changes*/
- rebase /*squash - fixup*/
- stash /*backup before pull in case of...*/

you can live with that.