On Monday, 12 February 2018 at 08:51:14 UTC, Simen Kjærås wrote:
I agree that'd be nice. Sadly, it's not a reasonable expectation. :(

:)

A more extreme example: You have a compiled library, and some .di (header) files. In one of those files is this code:

struct S {
    static int[] arr;
    void foo();
}

Now how should Typedef go about making foo() do the right thing? Even with compiler support, this is impossible - the source of S.foo is simply not available, and it doesn't take the address of the static data as a parameter anywhere.

--
  Simen

But isn't foo scoped somehow?
I mean, if foo is part of a type, then either you have to write s.foo, or S.foo. And if the address of a static belongs to a type, shouldn't this resolve the ambiguities?