On Monday, 26 February 2018 at 17:40:05 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
On Monday, 26 February 2018 at 17:12:51 UTC, Arredondo wrote:

Okay, so I just finished configuring WSL. The way I want to use my app is having it read from stdin, do some calculations, and write to stdout, in an infinite cycle. I wanted to feed this to some higher level algorithms in Wolfram Mathematica, that's why I needed Windows binaries. But it turns out that I can feed the shell.exe program itself to Mathemtaica, and from there call my compiled-in-ubuntu app and do the same thing. So it looks like I could get away with using WSL after all.

I am new to linux, so I could use some help, and you have clearly done this before. So far I've managed to install dmd and OpenBlas. I guess I should pass some commands to dmd so it knows where to look for the static blas and lapack libraries. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Arredondo.

I was using Ubuntu with WSL. For installing, I think I had done

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt-get install libblas-dev liblapack-dev

I think on Linux you can just put blas and lapack in the libs in your dub.json. I always just try to do some simple example first, usually just calling dmd/ldc directly. So long as I can translate it to a dub configuration that is equivalent, then I will switch over. You might look at some of the dub.jsons that are used in Lubeck and other mir projects for reference.

This worked. Thank you jmh530!

I feel like at this moment, lubeck should be clearly marked "not Windows ready", as not everybody will have the inclination/patience to deal with incompatible object file formats or the Windows subsystem for Linux.

I wonder if compiling OpenBlas from source using DMC would solve this. I also wonder if the resulting binaries would be as fast.

Arredondo