On Tuesday, 13 March 2018 at 11:31:12 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:

Ah yes.
You're completely correct if you subscribe to Adam's and ketmar's file sizes expectation.

A D module and package is one level of abstraction. If that level of abstraction starts to fill up and gets large, you split it up.

My rule is soft 1k LOC and hard 2-3k (after that it needs a VERY good reason to stay together).

This makes each file to be very right down to the point and do nothing else.

You should be doing this no matter the language IMO. Just the difference is in Java only one class is publicly accessible per file. Nothing stops you from doing that here either.

Fair enough.

I doubt I'll use your 'lines of code' method as a means of encapsulation though ;-)

I have to think more, about what a module is really trying to encapsulate.

I'm sure there is a good blog that could come out of this conversation.
(not by me though)