On Tuesday, 13 March 2018 at 09:14:26 UTC, psychoticRabbit wrote:
what I don't like, is that I have no way at all to protect members of my class, from things in the module, without moving that class out of that module.

D wants me to completely trust the module, no matter what.

That's make a little uncomfortable, given how long and complex modules can easily become(and aleady are)

I used to feel similarly and understand where you're coming from but after using D for a while the old way feels ridiculous and cumbersome to me. The problem of accidents even in large files can be avoided by using names like "m_length" or "_length": no jury in the world will believe you if you write those then say you didn't know they were private.