On Friday, 20 July 2018 at 04:31:38 UTC, Jordan Wilson wrote:
On Friday, 20 July 2018 at 01:34:39 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
On Thursday, 19 July 2018 at 21:43:35 UTC, Jordan Wilson wrote:

Is there any way I can generate the appropriate lib?

Else I think I'll need to get hold of the proper import libs that come with the Lua distribution.

Lua is extremely easy to build. That will generate the import lib for you.

I don't have MSVC, so I built it using mingw, which generated a .a lib. I shall google some more, as I understand it DMD -m64 uses Mingw libs as a fall back when MSVC not found, I compiled Lua using mingw, I can't be too much further away from being able to link in a 64-bit lua import lib in a 64-bit DMD compiled program...

what about passing your .def file directly with /DEF:your.def linker switch?

more info https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/34c30xs1.aspx