On Saturday, 11 August 2018 at 14:44:49 UTC, zhani wrote:
On Saturday, 11 August 2018 at 14:03:21 UTC, tide wrote:
On Tuesday, 7 August 2018 at 12:05:33 UTC, zhani wrote:
howdy :-)

can anybody use sdl2 on android?

first, i got a ldc2 for android. i just followed here on windows:
https://wiki.dlang.org/Build_D_for_Android#Windows

so i could compile a sieve.d but didnt run it on android yet.

then next? wut can i try for using DerelictSDL2 on android?
and this guide didn't use dub. how can i intergradted with ldc2 for android?

pls be advised me.

regards,

You can use SDL2 for Android, you don't need DerelictSDL2 either. You just need a way to call the SDL2 functions, which you can do by creating bindings for them with "extern(C)". Which is my preference over Derelict, as it is simpler and makes things easier to use (for me).

Otherwise you are probably going to run into a lot of issues as no one is really testing LDC2 for android. The people that are testing it aren't testing it the traditional way you build an app with the Android SDK.

Oh, could you tell me more about it?
what's different about "extern(C)" and "DerelictSDL2"?
i known, a DerelictSDL2 is a binding library for D and that's support "Dynamic" and "Static".

need a help and more info!
have you got some work(eg. source, project) about it?
otherwise, can you tell me any link about it ?

extern(C) is a feature, Derelict are libraries.

https://dlang.org/spec/interfaceToC.html

You can use Derelict "static" to the same effect I think, but they way they achieve it doesn't play well with auto completion and such.