On Wednesday, 17 October 2018 at 08:08:44 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
On Wednesday, 17 October 2018 at 03:37:21 UTC, Ky-Anh Huynh wrote:
Hi,

I need to build some static binaries with LDC. I also need to execute builds on both platform 32-bit and 64-bit.

From Docker Hub there are two image groups:

* language/ldc (last update 5 months ago)
* dlang2/ldc-ubuntu (updated recently)

Which one do you suggest?

Thanks a lot.

To be honest, you don't need docker for this. You can just download LDC in a self-contained folder and use it as is.

https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases

That's what I do on Linux.

I need to use docker to build static linked Linux executables. My reason is specific, may be different than the OP's. I'm using Travis-CI to build executables. Travis-CI uses Ubuntu 14.04, but static linking fails on 14.04. The standard C library from Ubuntu 16.04 or later is needed. There may be other/better ways to do this, I don't know.