On Friday, 7 December 2018 at 16:43:02 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
That's wrong: the import name and the module name should always match, in full, including all the dot parts.

So if you "import app.modulename;", the other file must have "module app.modulename;"

Okay. I guess the instructions I saw were for an earlier version of D... or I misunderstood. (either is likely?)

Moreover, you should either 1) list all modules in your application

Are you talking about a list of import statements here or is there another way/place I would list them?

not in a library on the command line,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'library' in this statement.

or 2) if using the newest compiler versions, pass the -i flag so the compiler will automatically include them for you.

I tried this and it worked.

Just still trying to understand when it would be necessary to use a prefix and dot separator in an import statement.

The bottom line here is, I have an application (Corkboard) I wrote in PHPGtk years ago and I'm learning D by transposing it. I'd like to maintain the code organization I had in the original — subfolders, etc. At the same time, I'd like to put my big-boy pants on and make it look like I know what I'm doing when I compile rather than compiling modules over and over needlessly.

Does D have the concept of makefiles? I haven't run across any reference to such things so far.