On Tuesday, 19 February 2019 at 00:05:46 UTC, Samir wrote:
On Monday, 18 February 2019 at 21:50:25 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
In the meantime you could adapt the python script on your local file system in the dub packages cache folder as described here https://github.com/koji-kojiro/matplotlib-d/pull/11/files

Andre,

Thank you very much for your help today!

I copied the version of prebuild.py located here[1] and replaced the version located at /home/samir/.dub/packages/matplotlib-d-0.1.4/matplotlib-d/python locally on my machine after which the program ran.

I guess I still have the question as to why does the error message refer to issues in /home/samir/.dub/packages/matplotlib-d-0.1.4/matplotlib-d/source/matplotlibd/pyplot.d-mixin-41 when the solution was changing /home/samir/.dub/packages/matplotlib-d-0.1.4/matplotlib-d/python/prebuild.py?

Apologies for all of the questions -- I'm just trying to better understand how to incorporate other packages in my simple programs.

Samir

[1] https://github.com/koji-kojiro/matplotlib-d/blob/master/python/prebuild.py

The python script generates a list of available functions in the python package.
This list will be used to generate D coding at compilation time.
That is the reason, the error occurs in a mixin.
Unfortunately one function had the same name as a D keyword (it was the keyword deprecated). The fix was to exclude this function from the list.

I think this is the only dub package working this way, as it might be the only
package which wrapping python code.

Kind regards
André