On 4/11/19 2:13 PM, Alex wrote:
The following code works when I comment out the static if

//static if (__traits(compiles, __traits(getAttributes, T)))
    static foreach(a;  __traits(getAttributes, T)) Attributes ~=

There seems to be absolutely no reason why this code would fail with the static if but pass without it but in the first case I get no attributes because the __traits compiles fails.

__traits(compiles, __traits(getAttributes, T))

vs

__traits(getAttributes, T)

How could it not compile in the first case and yet work in the foreach?

It should. Do you have a larger example? One that can be played with?

-Steve