Hi,

I tried to make some resource statistict for my OpenGL Buffer objects:

//here are the things that hold the statistics.
private __gshared{ size_t[int] textureSizeMap, bufferSizeMap; }

struct GLCounters{
  int programs, shaders, textures, buffers;
  size_t textureSize, bufferSize;
}
__gshared GLCounters glCounters;

//And this is the buffer creation.
int genBuffer(size_t size){
  int res; glGenBuffers (1, &res); glChk;
  glCounters.buffers ++;
  glCounters.bufferSize  += size;
  bufferSizeMap [res] = size;
  writefln("buffer allocated %d %d", res, size);
  return res;
}

//Finally, this is the deallocation. If it is called from the GC (when it destroys a class), it has a big chance to throw an Invalid Memory Operation exception.

void deleteBuffer (int handle){
  if(!handle) return;
  glDeleteBuffers (1, &handle); glChk;
  glCounters.buffers --;
  glCounters.bufferSize  -= bufferSizeMap [handle];
writefln("buffer deallocated %d %d", handle, bufferSizeMap [handle]);
  bufferSizeMap.remove(handle); <- this is the problematic part.

Today I read the documentation about structs, unions and classes, but I haven't find any restrictions for the ~this() destructors.

Is there some extra rules regarding the GC and what I must not do in the destructors?

I think the destructor always called in the same thread where the instance was created. This can't be the case. But what I can guess is: The GC makes a collection and calls my destructor and inside I do something and the GC calls a collection again recursively. But it seems a bit crazy, so I think it's not the case :D

Please help me solve this!

*I'm using LDC 1.6.0 Win64