On Sunday, 11 August 2019 at 15:16:03 UTC, Alex wrote:
On Sunday, 11 August 2019 at 13:09:43 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
Ok. What would go wrong (in D) if I just replaced every interface with an abstract class?

I think there's some confusion here, because B.foo is not abstract. abstract on a class is not inherited by its methods. https://dlang.org/spec/attribute.html#abstract

Now, I'm confused, as you asked about abstract classes. So, yes, you can define the abstractness of classes differently. And what is your point?

I'm trying to narrow down exactly what patterns work with each and how they overlap.

What I was trying to get at with the abstract method thing is that

abstract class C
{
    void foo();
}

is an abstract class with a non-abstract method, whose implementation is going to come from somewhere else (not a common pattern in D).

class C
{
    abstract void foo();
}

is an abstract class with an abstract method foo, which means you have to override it in a inheriting class to get a non-abstract class.