On Thursday, 19 September 2019 at 18:25:05 UTC, Shadowblitz16 wrote:

I wanted to do 4bpp 16 color graphics.
and I didn't want to load anything unnecessary in the image like the palette but instead supply it myself as a Color[16];

I see. In that case, I suggest you find some tutorials on software rendering in C or C++ and adapt them to D. Most of the modern stuff out there is going to be targeting 24-bit or 32-bit graphics. You might find some older tutorials on indexed 8-bit rendering that you can adapt to 4-bit. Nothing to it but storing the palette indices in a byte array.