On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 12:51:35 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 07:35:21 UTC, Martin Tschierschke wrote:
If I search for what ever, not related to D, I very often end with a solution found on one of the StackExchange forums like StackOverflow or AskUbuntu etc.

The main advantage is, that all answers can be classified (up/down voted, moderated etc.) This is much better than finding something in the D-Learn Forum where it is difficult to see, if several answers are given are they still valid, especially if they are some years old.

I know that this was asked in the D survey and I think it should be on the table again.

If we unite for this idea, it should be possible to start an own "DExchange" sub platform.

Best regards mt.

You can already ask questions on SO. What you are proposing is to close this forum, require registration to ask a question, and let JavaScript developers close questions and treat new users rudely. That doesn't seem like a good idea. The fact that most questions get asked here rather than on SO now suggests that there isn't much demand for SO.

I am not for moving just to StackOverflow, but to make an own "DExchange" / "AskD" or what ever named learn platform with and inside the StackExchange [1] technology. This should keep D users together and would avoid mixing with other languages. But I am not sure if this is really achievable for us.

[1] https://stackexchange.com/sites#