On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 at 13:36:13 UTC, mark wrote:
Some cargo packages are applications. If I do 'cargo install someapp' it will be installed in $HOME/.cargo/bin. So by simply adding that to my PATH, I can easily use all installed rust apps. But dub doesn't appear to have an equivalent of this.

There is 'dub run someapp', which is good enough for some cases, like digger[1]. But no 'dub install someapp', no.

Maybe there are some hard design decisions again $HOME/.dub/bin, unsure. It might be difficult to globally pull off if programs expect the binary to be placed in the source tree (for resources).

[1]: https://github.com/CyberShadow/Digger