On 2014-01-21 05:34, Brian Schott wrote:
I've checked in code to the DScanner project that gives it some basic
static analysis capabilities. When run with the --styleCheck option, it
will warn about a few things like empty declarations, implicit string
concatenation, classes with lowercase_names, catching "Exception", and a
few other things.

There's a small feature wishlist in the project's README, but I'd like
to get some opinions from the newsgroup: What kinds of errors have you
seen in your code that you think a static analysis tool could help with?

Have a look at the Clang static analyzer as well. How accurate source information is kept? Xcode can, with the help of Clang, graphically show the flow path.

--
/Jacob Carlborg