I confess getting a bit uncomfortable about adding new dependencies at
this point. We depend on dpl-docs already, and the tool was difficult to
install and broke from one dmd release to the next. Sönke was nice and
proactive about it, but he's an active member of the community. If we
find issues with tooling coming from the outside - and we will - we're
on our own. It would help if many people in the community are fluent
with them.

I've used Sass a lot. Although not via node.

Adding a tool right now that has overlapping functionality with
ddoc/dpl-docs, and that is relatively unknown within the community
sounds like a tall order.

Sass doesn't overlap with ddoc.

--
/Jacob Carlborg