On 4/30/14, 6:20 PM, Xavier Bigand wrote:
Le 30/04/2014 17:59, Andrei Alexandrescu a écrit :
On 4/30/14, 8:54 AM, bearophile wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu:

A coworker mentioned the idea that unittests could be run in parallel

In D we have strong purity to make more safe to run code in parallel:

pure unittest {}

This doesn't follow. All unittests should be executable concurrently. --
Andrei

But sometimes unittests have to use shared data that need to be
initialized before them. File system operations are generally a critical
point, if many unittest are based on same auto-generated file data it's
a good idea to run this generation once before all tests (they
eventually do a file copy that is fast with copy-on-write file system or
those data can be used as read only by all tests).
So for those kind of situation some functions have must be able to run
before unittest, and I think that the case of static this() function of
modules?

Yah version(unittest) static shared this() { ... } covers that. -- Andrei