On Thursday, 8 May 2014 at 18:29:45 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
This statement doesn't sound like the "no generics" is the important part. It seems more like they have no plans to make Go 2.0, at least not with it bringing big breaking changes as people keep pointing out will happen.

But that is probably reading too much into it, I can't imagine he wanted to put that much information in the statement. But then again I haven't seen any official word on Go 2.0 (similar to D3).

Ah, well context around it removes all my claims. It is clear he is saying that Go 1.x will not have generics.