On 10/6/14, 8:08 AM, Joakim wrote:
You and Walter do a good job of answering questions on Reddit and
there's certainly a lot of discussion on the forum where the two of you
chip in, but what's missing is a high-level overview of the co-BDFLs'
priorities for where the language is going, including a list of features
you'd like to see added, ie that are pre-approved (that doesn't mean
_any_ implementation would be approved, only that feature in principle).

Aye, something like that might be helpful. I'll keep it in mind.

Most users or wannabe contributors aren't going to go deep-diving
through the forums for such direction.

I'm not so sure that's a problem. It takes some connection to the language milieu before making a major contribution of the kind to be on a "vision" list. And once that connection is present, it's rather clear what the issues are. That's the case for any language.

Manu and others recently wrote
that the traffic on the forum has gone up, making it tougher for them to
keep up.

Yah, there's been some growing pains. Traffic is on the rise and unfortunately the signal to noise ratio isn't.

Converting the existing passion and sentiment into workable items is a present challenge I'm thinking of ways to approach.

It would help if the two co-BFDLs did a better job
articulating and communicating their vision in a public place, like a
page on the wiki or dlang.org website, rather than buried in the
haystack of the forums or reddit.

That's sensible.