On 3/10/15 8:43 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 March 2015 at 22:41:32 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
3. As I articulated in the vision document, we aim at making vibe.d an
integral part of the D distribution. That's more than a packaging
issue: (a) vibe.d must follow the same release process, perhaps even
same version numbering; (b) acceptance of a release is contingent upon
vibe.d working. I think we need to secure Sönke approval of DIP75.

Um... is this the best way to go around this?

Instead of including Vibe, we need to include Dub. Then Vibe is only one
command away.

Vibe needs Dub anyway, doesn't it?

That doesn't ensure e.g. version compatibility etc. I repeat: my vision is to make vibe readily available with the D distribution, just like druntime and phobos. Of course dub is nice to include as well but not my main focus here.