On Saturday, 14 March 2015 at 23:49:00 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 3/14/2015 4:15 PM, Brian Schott wrote:
What am I missing?

I suggest defining "The One True Way" and have no configuration options.

At which point you realize that "The One True Way" is wrong, ask for it to be changed, and are then told that it is "The One True Way".

Take tabs vs. spaces for instance, phobos' style guide states that indents should be 4 spaces, but I'd much prefer it to be a single tab.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the purpose of a formatter is to make the formatting of the code consistent in the way that the user wants it to be.