On Wednesday, 1 April 2015 at 04:49:55 UTC, ketmar wrote:
On Wed, 01 Apr 2015 02:25:43 +0000, Random D-user wrote:

GC because of some low-end machines. Memory is really cheap these days and pretty much every machine is 64-bits (even phones are trasitioning
fast to 64-bits).

this is the essense of "modern computing", btw. "hey, we have this resource! hey, we have the only program user will ever want to run, so assume that all that resource is ours! what? just buy a better box!"

google/mozilla's developer mantra regarding web browsers.