On Monday, 27 April 2015 at 07:34:52 UTC, Mike wrote:
On Monday, 27 April 2015 at 05:22:55 UTC, Timo Sintonen wrote:
On Monday, 27 April 2015 at 05:19:52 UTC, Timo Sintonen wrote:

Oops, I forget to uncomment the m4 options. The correct version is

And I replace the whole gcc/config/arm/t-arm-elf with this:
MULTILIB_OPTIONS += mcpu=cortex-m0/mcpu=cortex-m3/mcpu=cortex-m4
mfloat-abi=hard mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16
MULTILIB_DIRNAMES += cortex-m0 cortex-m3 cortex-m4
MULTILIB_REQUIRED += mcpu=cortex-m0
MULTILIB_REQUIRED += mcpu=cortex-m3
MULTILIB_REQUIRED += mcpu=cortex-m4 /mfloat-abi=hard /mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16
MULTILIB_EXTRA_OPTS += mthumb

The toolchain at https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded doesn't require this modification, so I'm wondering if there's another way. My understanding is that this is unlreated to GDC itself, so we should be able to follow essentially the same procedure as the embedded C/C++ toolchains, right?

They have their build scripts included in their source package, so I spent a little time analyzing their build scripts today, and I see they are using the following config option:

"--with-multilib-list=armv6-m,armv7-m,armv7e-m,cortex-m7,armv7-r"

I'm wondering if that alone will do it. I guess I'll give it a try later and let you all know what I find.

Mike

There are two ways to make t-arm-elf: inclusive and exclusive. The exclusive way is to list all combinations and exclude unwanted with MULTILIB_EXCEPYIONS. This has been the usual way to do this. I have not seen the inclusive method I use.

How they tell that m4 should use hard float and the rest do not use? If you can do the build, check with readelf that the libraries have correct architecture and compiler flags