On Monday, 27 April 2015 at 07:34:52 UTC, Mike wrote:

The toolchain at https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded doesn't require this modification, so I'm wondering if there's another way. My understanding is that this is unlreated to GDC itself, so we should be able to follow essentially the same procedure as the embedded C/C++ toolchains, right?

They have their build scripts included in their source package, so I spent a little time analyzing their build scripts today, and I see they are using the following config option:

"--with-multilib-list=armv6-m,armv7-m,armv7e-m,cortex-m7,armv7-r"

I'm wondering if that alone will do it. I guess I'll give it a try later and let you all know what I find.

Mike

They have not touched t-arm-elf. Instead they have created t-aprofile where they have recipes for a huge collection of libraries. They also have used the exclusive method and only a real guru can understand what this file is doing. I think there will be more than 10 different libraries built.

Somewhere in configure options they have put an option that tells configure to use this file instead of t-arm-elf.