On 5/25/15 11:58 AM, Daniel Murphy wrote:
"Andrei Alexandrescu"  wrote in message

> which one is correct?

GDC. -- Andrei

I don't think it matters too much if we pick strict LTR, or keep dmd's
existing exception for assign expressions.  IIRC Walter is in favour of
keeping the exception[1].

Could you and Walter please come to an agreement and confirm here?  It
should be fairly straightforward to get this fixed once it's clear which
way it should go.

[1]
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/4035#issuecomment-58861231

I'm fine with RTL for assignment expressions, and LTR everywhere else.
Daniel, if you could work this out at front end level so it goes the
same way for all backends, that would be fantastic. -- Andrei

Why? Strictly left-to-right is the simplest thing.